Sunday, January 29, 2012

Der Blokken Black



I've had this beer a few times on tap at the brew pub. I enjoyed it and found it to be a nice stout, so I was excited when I saw them bottled for the first time at my local Albertson's.

I poured and it had a big head and I thought it was my pouring. Then I smelled the beer. It smelled funky. It was a bit sour and a bit off. I tried a drink and it was just so sour tasting.  

I was disappointed but after two sips and having a friend try, I decided the beer wasn't right. Ugh. I ended up pouring the glass and the rest of the beer down the drain. That was maybe my fifth time pouring something down the drain ever. I was so disappointed.  I hope this was just a bad bottle or batch, not a demonstration of how their beer will be tasting in bottles.  I will probably give it the benefit of the doubt and try picking it up again sometime and hope they redeem themselves.

On another note, I haven't been since I've started this blog, but I can tell you that the brewery is a great place to get dinner and beer.  Besides their own beers, they have a great tap list and their food is DELICIOUS!  Give it a try if you're in the Bremerton area.


Beer Advocate could use some more input if you've tried this one!
Visit their website, which is sparse at the time of posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment