Sunday, January 29, 2012

Iron Horse Mocha Death

One of my favorite beers I’ve been drinking lately.  Coffee flavor is SUPER strong and would likely be overpowering for a lot of people.  However, I cannot get enough.  I pick it up probably once every couple of weeks.  Not something to pair with food, in my opinion, but to drink on its own.  Will hunt it out if it ever becomes super scarce and LOVE it.  And at around $5 for a 22, I can’t complain about the price at all.

Grabbed one out of "storage" since beer was out and snow was still trapping me in.  Not nearly as strong tasting after sitting for a while.  Kind of disappointing compared to the flavor it has when it's fresh, but still tasty.  not nearly as strong on the coffee.  Different batch?  Due to aging?  Your guess is as good as mine.

This is typically available, per Iron Horse, from October to January.  So if you want to try this now and not wait about 9 months, go out and pick up a bottle today!

Here's what people over at Beer Advocate are saying.
Here's Iron Horse's commentary on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment