Sunday, May 20, 2012

Rochefort Trappistes 6, 8, & 10


So 6 was ok.  If this was the only one of these I was drinking that evening, I would have thought it was good.  However, as I progressed on in numbers, this was comparatively unimpressive.  However, according to my information this is the hardest of the three to find since it is brewed only once a year.  


This was the next step in our 6, 8, 10 night.  This beer was so much more favorable and big than the 6.  I was quite impressed...



Then I tried the 10.  This one knocked my socks off.  

Overall, I think doing the 6, 8, 10 was a great way to experience these beers.  It was really a wonderful way to compare the beers to their others.  All of these beers could be aged 5 years and I think that would be another interesting experiment to do with them.  

Check out the brewery's site for more info.
See if it's distributed near you and what others think at Rate Beer for 6.
See if it's distributed near you and what others think at Rate Beer for 8.
See if it's distributed near you and what others think at Rate Beer for 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment