Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Elysian 12 Beers of the Apocalypse #4 - Peste Chocolate Chili Ale


Can see the chili floating in the photo?  It's those red flecks that almost look like yeast in the beer.  This beer was spicy.  I hate spicy beers.  I clearly bought this because it was part of the series, not for any hope I'd like it.  I couldn't taste the chocolate through the chili.  I could only taste the spice and feel the acid in my tummy starting to churn.  That being said, I took a few sips and let the husband finish this one.  Chili beers just aren't for me.  

The husband is ok with chili beers, but not a giant fan.  He liked the flavor of the chili in this one compared to the other chili beers we've had.  He agreed that it was spicy and there was a lot of it floating around.  He said as he let it sit and settle it wasn't as spicy, but when he would drink it and stir it up again the flavors came out more.  He thought one (and a half from me) was enough.  Definitely not a sessionable beer.  


Check out the brewery's site for more info.
See if it's distributed near you and what others think at Rate Beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment