Tuesday, May 8, 2012

PUB REVIEW: Spinnakers


Spinnakers is located in Victoria, British Columbia.  You can check out their website here.
The husband and I took the water taxi out to Spinnakers after reading so many good things about this place.  

We took a seat upstairs on the near-patio area to enjoy the views.  The view was great and I wished it had been just a bit nicer so we could have gone out on the patio.

We came the day after St. Patty's Day, so when they were out of a beer or two I wasn't surprised.  However, I was surprised when about 1/3 of their beer menu was out.  I know St. Patty's Day is a big drinking night, but I'd expect a bar to know that too and be able to plan properly.  I was quite disappointed at the selection I was left with.

To add to this disappointment, their waitress knew *nothing* about the beer she was serving.  If I was at some major chain, I'd get that, but at a brewpub, I'd expect her to be able to answer some general questions about the style of beer or even have a notion she may have tried the beers herself before (or had least seen them and could identify them).

The beer itself for being a brewpub was a bit disappointing.  That may have been because we were stuck with limited choices on the menu, but I was hoping for much more from this place.

The best part of our little trip out here was probably the spinnakers beer & cheese pot.  It was delicious.  I wish we hadn't eaten a late lunch before we came out here so we could have tried more food.  Maybe then it would have been a much better experience.

Overall, this place had really nice views and had great potential.  I just wasn't impressed for what it held itself out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment