Sunday, February 12, 2012

Redhook Blueline Series Down Under Stout

Redhook is somewhat local.  Their brewery is up in Woodinville.  I've been there.  I went to ExBEERience there in 2011.  We ate in their restaurant.  I didn't enjoy it.  Thus, I am going to probably rate this lower based solely on my feeling of the brewery.

The beer was bought earlier in the night and was not super cold and I was not impressed with this beer.  It smelled like a generic Redhook beer.  I find they must either use the same generic hops or malts or combination and that a lot of their beers taste the same.  I was really underwhelmed.  I think I feel the same way about Redhook as I do about BJ's.  They are just another mass brewery trying to be too big and their beer quality has suffered.

Beer Advocate definitely needs more reviews!

Here's a Red Hook's site on the Blueline series, though it seems they rotate through the different beers in the series so you may not find this one on their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment