Thursday, January 19, 2012

Introduction

So I suppose I should give an introduction to my little blog.  By no means do I mean for this to be some earth shattering, all amazing blog.  As a matter of fact, I expect very few people to actually read this.  My husband will hopefully read it some of the posts.  Heck, he'll probably read them over my shoulder as I compose them.  Anyone else who reads this will probably just happen to stumble upon this or find a link to it in some random place.

My intention is for this blog mostly to be about my love (and my husband's love) of craft beer.  Inevitably, this will probably also extend into some wine and liquor commentary since I do enjoy drinking those too.  I also imagine that my life will bleed into the blog a bit sometimes too.  Without that, I feel it would seem a little bit inhuman and cold.  Oh and food.  I will probably post about food too.  I love to cook and try new recipes and improving on old favorites.  So maybe "Beer Blog" is somewhat an inappropriate title, but whatever, if it bothers you stop reading it.

I hope to incorporate pictures of what I drink (or eat) along with some basic commentary on what I think of the beer.  I am not a beer snob or connoisseur by any means.  If you want to read tasting notes about the mouth feel and such, this will not be your place.

A bit about me.  I am 27 years old and live in Port Orchard, Washington.  I do most of my beer shopping at 99 Bottles in Federal Way, near where I work.  I also really love shopping at Full Throttle Bottles, where a large part of my beer love developed, but alas it's a bit too far away now a days.

I love my husband just about as much (or maybe more) than I love beer.  He is currently serving in the US NAVY and is frequently deployed away from home.  You'll probably see several posts where I refer to stocking up for when he gets home.  I do my best to pick up limited beers or seasonal stuff he won't be able to find when he gets home.  He may be the bigger beer lover, I just happen to have the free time to do this.  I'm sure his input will get incorporated when he's home.

I also have step-daughter who is awesome.  And a dog.  And a job.  And if you have any other questions about the girl behind the blog, feel free to ask.

Small disclaimer:  I have a professional job where I pay attention to detail all day long.  While I don't intend for there to blatant spelling or grammatical errors in this blog, I also don't intend on editing it or writing it formally.  Expect there to be incomplete sentences, made up words, and things that just don't make sense sometimes.  Oh, and typos, there will inevitably be those.  Don't worry about it.  Have a beer and enjoy reading instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment