Friday, January 20, 2012

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout (2011 Release)



Apparently this is a seasonal release.  I guess that's what they mean by "limited release" on the label.  However, a quick visit to Lagunitas site shows that they'll be releasing this again in November 2012.  So have no fear if you missed the 2011 release, just wait 10 more months or so and you'll be able to sample this for yourself.  I wish breweries would indicate the difference between "this is a once in a lifetime limited release" and this is a "once a year seasonal release so buy it now or wait again for another year."  Wouldn't that be delightful?

This was a good Stout.  I would definitely buy it again.  I don't find it as good as the Iron Horse Mocha Death for coffee flavor, but I really enjoyed it nonetheless.  I will probably be one I pick up again in the future.  Apparently as in November 2012 future.  Oh and I was drinking slower the night I drank this so I can tell you it tasted good as it warmed up as well.  I always love when I can drink a beer slow since it tastes good cold and warm(ish).  Overall, I'd put this on your "find next November" list.

Here's a video of a "virtual taste" by Lagunitas describing their beer.
Here's what the reviewers over at Beer Advocate are saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment